Friday 10 February 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel.....

I never would have thought I would be excited to have an operation. Ok, so I am not excited about the actual act, the anesthetic and the pain but I can't wait to finally be pain free. On Monday I am having keyhole surgery on my gammy knee. I have to say- I am very impressed with the service I have received from the NHS. The A&E department, fracture clinic and radiology departments in Worcester Royal Hospital, the physio department at Cirencester hospital and my lovely GP surgery who I have had to call many times in the morning, desperate because I have woken up hardly able to walk. I injured my knee at the end of November and by mid February I am getting it fixed. That is a great service and why I LOVE THE NHS. Anyway, even though I have been keeping my Gold Challenge ticking over with wheelchair basketball and archery (I have done my forth session this week and am loving it) I really can't wait to really get cracking. I have about 6 weeks recovery after the surgery but am hoping there will be some things I can do. I visited my family last weekend and brought my hockey stick back with me (last time I played was a decade ago) and I am tentatively planning what sports I can do when better. I am excited about doing equestrian, I have never ridden a horse so it will be an experience. I am also really looking forward to doing an open water swim, it is something I have wanted to do for a while. I cannot believe how generous everyone has been with sponsoring me. I am currently 9th in the Gold Challenge fundraising league. I am in with a chance of being the first to run 100 metres in the Olympic Stadium on April 1st. If you are able to sponsor me for my Gold Challenge you can do it here I will update you after my operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment