Friday 20 July 2012

Row row row your boat......

My sixteenth Gold Challenge sport was rowing, well to be strictly correct I did 3 hours of sculling. I went along to the local rowing club at the Cotswold Water Park. Luckily for me when I went the weather was lovely and had a lovely morning sculling around one of the lakes. I spent the first hour or so learning the very basics attached to a rope near the shore. How to move, use and hold the oars, how to turn and what to do if I fall out. After I had mastered the basics I was send out in the lake to scull. It was very nice going around the lake, tricky to turn at times, I did get stuck in some weeds and near a jetty at some point.

I really enjoyed rowing, it was really relaxing to be out on the lake and was a really good workout for my arms. I can imagine serious training would be incredibly hardcore though- very good for getting and keeping fit.

I am so close to the end of my Gold Challenge now. There is still time for sponsorship- you can do that here! I want to say a big thank you for all the sponsorship so far- really means a lot.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment